I found this pattern a few weeks ago and attempted it with whatever scraps I had downstairs. After having four or five of the panels done, I was not pleased at all with the results. Call it scrap burnout I guess. My scraps are becoming repetitive and I'm in the need for some new materials I think.
I remembered that my mom purchased several charm packs for me at Christmas and knew that one of them was a brightly colored pack called Cuzco and decided that these fun fabrics would probably look nice in this quilt rather then the subdued scraps I tried the first time.
I liked the initial results when I started remaking the panels and decided I needed to make a trip to the Marshall House to obtain the remaining fabric to complete the panels; and of course the rest of the top. I decided to use a white polka dot I had laying around in my yardage shelves for the background, so I only needed one or two more charm packs and the teal and dark green for completion.
This is the result of my undertaking.
I have 12 of the 16 blocks currently done and think the Japanese prints we purchased for the background will go very well with our butter and burgundy colors in the living room. More to come...